Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Helplessness

A little story of what's going on right now:


My life was once a world of agony. My mother was gone, killed by the eternal curse known as cancer. I felt like I would be forever trapped behind the bars of structure, bound with monotony and gagged with drudgery. I felt utterly, utterly helpless and alone.

But then a candle, a tiny flame, flickered within my dark prison. I saw that a career as a self employed artist was, in fact, possible. My dreams from childhood surfaced once again as the chains fell off my body, wings of hope sprouting from my back and carrying me towards the sunlight. My heart sang with joy, almost beating up out of my chest.

But before I ever got close to escaping, I was struck down. My father broke my wings in one fell swoop, telling me that my dreams were impossible. I plummeted towards the rocky ground and struck it hard, my restraints eagerly reclaiming my wrists and ankles.

And now I'm back at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment